Merriam Wild Turkey
- The Merriam Wild Turkey is found primarily in the ponderosa pine western mountain regions of the United States.
- It has been successfully stocked in the Cyprus and Porcupine Hills of Southern Alberta as a game bird.
- Adult males are clearly distinguished from the Eastern and Rio Grande by their nearly white feathers on the lower back and tail feather margins.
- It's size is comparable to the Eastern Turkey, but has a blacker appearance with blue, purple, an bronze reflections.
- The Merriam appears to have a white rump due to it's pinkish buff or whiteish tail coverts and tips.